Mari Seismic Services Unit (MSU)
Global Technology with Local Advantage:
Mari Seismic Services Unit provides globally acclaimed technology for land Seismic Data Acquisition, which has been tried and tested under diverse environmental and geological challenges.
MSU which was established in 2012 is committed to achieve excellence and remains in quest to acquire the latest gadgetry/equipment as seeking technological advancements is a business priority.
Adherence to the best industry practices/international standards, safeguarding client’s interest and above all implementation of stringent measures to ensure data protection are always accorded highest priorities. Nonetheless, the seasoned professionals of MSU complementing the aforesaid play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth sail of MSU ship.
With state of the art technology i-e; land drilling rigs, 2D/3D seismic data acquisition units, 2D/3D seismic data processing center along with AVO Inversion services, MSD is providing world class services as per international oilfield standard requirements especially in security sensitive areas.
Mari Seismic Service Units
MSU Alpha Crew – Presently working in Bannu West Block, NWTD.
MSU Beta Crew – Presently working in Block 28, Balochistan.
The achievements made by MSU so far are as below:
- Technology Induction: Inductions of state of the art Sercel 508 XT (topnotch recording equipment at the moment) along with Tractor Mounted Drill Rigs (HY-T100D), French EMCI Jacrobe /Man portable Rigs, Compressors (Model Atlas Copco XAVS 206C Portable) and Jackhammers (Cobra Combi) is the haul mark of MSD Seismic Operations. This trend does not only serve as a force multiplier for MSUs but also figures it out as one of the most modernized crew amongst the arena of contemporary outfits.
- 2015 – 1080 Sq. Kms 3D Data acquisition Mari D&P Lease: MSU Alpha Crew as part of its ‘maiden project’ acquired 1080 Sq. Kms 3D data in Mari Development and Production Lease area which was successfully completed in December 2015 in the face of all the stiff hurdles and demographic challenges.
- 2016 – 528 Sq. Kms 3D Sujawal Block: Pursuant to acquisition in Mari E&P, the crew mobilized to Sujawal for initially acquisition of 410 Sq. Kms 3D data which was later increased to 528 Sq Kms. The Crew successfully completed the data acquisition of Sujawal 3D well ahead of the target date only in 107 days flat.
- 2017 – 758.76 2D LKms Sukkur Block: In August, 2017, MSU started working on Sukkur 2D project and successfully acquired 758.76 LKms seismic data maintaining high standards of quality.
- 2018 – 2019: Bannu West 2D & 3D, Zarghun South 2D and Establishment of MSU Beta Crew: In 2018, MSU Alpha crew started Bannu 2D project in February and successfully concluded in April by acquiring 98.6 LKm. It has also successfully completed 639.4 Sq. Kms 3D data out of 835.4 Sq Kms. MSU Beta Crew was establishment in Feb / Mar 2019 and as its maiden project has completed Zarghun South-2D by acquiring 102.28 from Apr-May 2019. After successful completion of Zarghun South 2D, MSU Beta Crew was mobilized and started Block 28, 2D project, comprising 1487 Line KM in most challenging / security sensitive areas of Baluchistan.