Over recent years there has been an increase in sporting activity in Pakistan, with Pakistani sportsmen and women participating at many national and international events. Also, more international tournaments now take place in Pakistan. MPCL, being a major National Company has significantly contributed for the promotion of sports in Pakistan, especially Hockey.
- Sponsorship of 3rd Edition of Mega Balochistan International Squash League 2020 – Quetta
- Sponsorship of Tribal Cricket League – Kohat
- Mari Hockey Stadium at Ayub Park
Mari Petroleum’s Hockey Stadium at Ayub Park has been gifted to Army Heritage Foundation as a gesture for promoting hockey in Pakistan. Development of this hockey stadium has been completed within a short span of three months only.The project comprises of three major components i.e., laying of Synthetic Turf, construction of Pavilion and allied facilities, and installation of Flood Lights. Special measures were taken to ensure the conformity with international quality standards under strict supervision of Mari Petroleum’s Projects Team. The Synthetic Turf was imported from Netherland and laid under the supervision of Dutch experts. While designing the ground and its allied facilities, environment conservation was given paramount importance.
It is hoped that this humble initiative by Mari Petroleum, will go a long way in promoting the national game and contribute to the revival of the game that was once pride of the nation.
Mari Hockey Stadium was inaugurated by COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa, NI(M) on 17th January 2020.
- Mari Hockey Team
To support Pakistan’s National Sport Hockey, MPCL has created a team of young and promising hockey players, who shall be trained to join the National Hockey Team in the future.
- Sponsorship of Al-Barq Golf Championship Mangla Cantt
- Sponsorship for Team AUJ – All Girls Motorsport Team
- Sponsorship of Golf Match at Rawalpindi Golf Club in 2019
- MPCL Youth Tennis Sponsorship Program
MPCL has been sponsoring sports / players in the past as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility. MPCL sponsored two rising Junior Tennis Players (Huzaifa Abdur Rehman – Aged 15 and Mahin Aftab – aged 15) to undergo International Trainings, and also to participate in the ITF Junior Circuit. The sponsorship will give an opportunity to these emerging players to further polish their talent, bringing laurels to the country and MPCL.
- Sponsorship for Margalla Football Club
- Sponsorship of All Pakistan Golf Championship 2017
- MPCL sponsored Pakistan WUSHU Federation (International Federation for Kung-Fu), for its events in Quetta
- MPCL sponsored a cricket tournament held in Sujawal by the DC Office
- Sponsorship of Senior Amateur Golfer to participate in PAN PACIFIC Amateur Golf Championship at Japan
- Construction of Futsal Ground at Mach, Balochistan.
- Provision of Single Cabin Toyota Hilux Ambulance to PSB as part of CSR Activity