EDUCATION (Quality Education – SDG – 4)
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
SPECIAL EDUCATION (Reduce inequalities – SDG – 10)
Reduce inequality within and among countries
Various Education Initiatives
Noor-e-Sehar Special Education School, Daharki
- This inclusive school has been designed on Global Accessibility Standards, providing contemporary rehabilitation labs, cutting-edge assistive devices and internationally recognized curriculum that would prove to be a catalyst in the cognitive development and social transformation of the children with diverse disabilities.
- Total 200 students have been enrolled in the school with diverse disabilities (Intellectual, Visual, Hearing, Physical)
- Provision of state-of-the-art facilities, teaching, and rehabilitation equipment.
- The school was inaugurated on 5th October 2020 by MD/CEO MPCL Mr. Faheem Haider.
- To further strengthen MPCL’s resolve towards promoting inclusivity, MPCL has designated Ms. Abia Akram as its 1st ever Ambassador for Inclusive Education. Ms. Abia Akram is an activist in disability movement of Pakistan and has been acknowledged at the global platforms.
MPCL grants various scholarships to meritorious and deserving students belonging to our areas of operations, in institutes like LUMS, NUST and IBA Sukkur.
Mari Model High School, Daharki
MPCL has established Mari Model High School in Daharki for the children belonging to local communities. The school is providing quality education to over 600 students, starting from KG till 10th Grade.
Sponsorships and Donations
To support quality education, MPCL contributes generously towards various sponsorships and donations to educational institutions across Pakistan. Some of these are listed below:
- Provision of Furniture to Government Boys Primary School, Raharki
- Financial Contribution to Master Ayub’s School in F-6 Islamabad
- Financial Contribution to DIL for Children Education Program
- Financial Contribution to Al Mujtaba Education Trust
- Provision of furniture for Islamabad Model School (IMS)
- Financial Contribution to Umeed Special Education Centre (Quetta)
Construction and Rehabilitation
To provide infrastructure for optimum service delivery, MPCL has constructed and rehabilitated various schools and institutes all across Pakistan. Some of these are listed below:
- Rehabilitation of Academic Block at Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
- Rehabilitation of Govt. Girls High School, Harnai, along with implementation of a distant learning program in partnership with PPAF-Tele Taleem.
- Construction of MPCL block at Boys High School at Shahrig, District Harnai.
- Establishment of computer lab at Boys High School at Shahrig, Distict Harnai.
- Rehabilitation/consolidation of education facilities at Govt High School Khost.
- Rehabilitation of GBHS school Var, Ghorabari, Thatta
- Construction of 2 x Classrooms at Ghodo Sher near Ghari Syed, district Shikarpur.
- Construction & adoption of schools at Sirki Kutch, Dilwani, District Harnai.
- Additional construction & adoption of Boys High School Kamarsar, District Mianwali.
- Repair/renovation of Girls School in G-10 Islamabad.