Special Initiatives (Zero Hunger – SDG – 2)
End hunger, achieve food security, improve nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
Mari Mobile Dastarkhawan
MPCL launched Mari Mobile Dastarkhawan (MMD) in collaboration with Comprehensive Disaster Response Services (CDRS) to distribute freshly cooked meals to deserving people at various locations in Islamabad and Rawalpindi using a customized Mobile Dastarkhawan Truck. During its first year of operations, while following strict COVID protocols, over 300,000 meals have been distributed among the community. MMD was also mobilized to provide humanitarian relief in disasters such as flooding in the E-11 sector of Islamabad in July 2021 and the Murree incident in January 2022.
Ramadan Ration Distribution
MPCL & CRDS achieved total target of 313,600 beneficiaries by delivering food from MMD project so far at the rate of 600 per day including breakfast and dinner of 132,750 respectively. Out of this target, 17,400 in Iftar dinner of Ramzan 2021 whereas 18,000 in Iftar dinner of Ramzan 2022.
During COVID-19, MPCL stepped up and proactively took initiatives to augment the efforts of the government to restrain and control the spread of the virus and to help the needy affected by the pandemic. Our efforts included:
- Installation of ventilators at Fauji Foundation Hospital, Rawalpindi
- Installation of ventilators at PAF Hospital, Islamabad.
- Meal arrangements for 100 needy people through Saylani Welfare Trust, Islamabad w.e.f. March 26, 2020 daily until 28th April 2020.
- 100 dry ration packs (containing cooking oil, rice, pulses, salt, and tea) are distributed among the needy people after taking the necessary precautionary and preventive measures for distribution.
- Items (toothpastes, toothbrushes, soap, dry milk, and flour) were provided to Quarantine place in Islamabad in coordination with the Islamabad Magistrate.
- Procurement of COVID-19 Testing and Extraction Kits.